Note: Above pictures are reference pictures
Kaas plateau is a plateau located near Satara. It has been awarded as a UNESCO’s World Heritage Site (WHS). The Kaas Plateau is a laterite soil table land, typical of the the Western Ghats in Maharashtra.
Kaas plateau is a plateau located near Satara. It has been awarded as a UNESCO’s World Heritage Site (WHS). The Kaas Plateau is a laterite soil table land, typical of the the Western Ghats in Maharashtra. In the monsoon months, the Kaas Pathar, as it is locally known, transforms into a wildflower wonderland. More particularly so in September when vivid shades of pink balsams, yellow smithias and blue utricularias carpet the vast grasslands. It’s a must visit for serious botanists, amateur photographers to witness the spectrum of Western Ghats monsoon montane grasslands flora, some of which are rare and endangered.
• A visit to the most fascinating world heritage site of Maharashtra
• Full bloom period
• Endemic and indigenous flowers along with all possible wild flowers
• Local food and expertise with photography guidance
• A package of stunning events and experiences worth cherishing for lifetime
11:00 pm: Leave from Vile Parle station at around 11 pm in a tempo traveller (AC)
6:30 am: Reach Satara and freshen up.
8:00 am: Have breakfast, small briefing session for the first visit to Kaas.
12:00 pm: Have lunch and visit visit Thoseghar and Chalkewadi Windmills to explore more. Post that, start return journey to Mumbai. (Evening snacks enroute)
10:00 pm: Reach Mumbai
• Travel in AC tempo Traveller or AC Innova (Six plus Driver)
• All meals
• Entry Fees of Kaas
• Expertise on tour and Guide Charges
• Photography and on site guidance
• Any kind of personal expenses or extra meals or beverages ordered
• Insurance, Laundry & phone calls
• Bottled water and soft drinks
• Anything that is not included in inclusion list
Read More Read Less